The Southern Highlands region has been impacted by the terrible bush fires that started late last year and continued well into the beginning of 2020. At the height of the fires villages where devastated, homes and property lost. The region has now recovered and looks forward to inviting lovers of the Southern Highlands to visit and support us. Especially the many businesses that employ so many locals.
How can you help?
Come visit with us, stay with us and spend with us. Enjoy everything our beautiful region has to offer including our wonderful places to stay, restaurants, bars, cafes, shops, cellar doors and local produce to take home.
Check out our special ‘Share the Love’ Deals and Gift Vouchers. Also book Accommodation and Tours.
Some of our ‘Share the Love’ deals from our local businesses:
- For current road closures check www.livetraffic.com
- Bushfire emergency information – download the app Fires Near Me or phone 1800 679 737
- National park closures are in place please check www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au
- Wingecarribee Shire Mayoral Relief Fund
- Rural Fire Service
- Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service (WIRES)
- State Emergency Service (SES)
We have so many people to thank who have helped the Southern Highlands region.
- Our community that pulled together and generously helped and supported each other during this challenging time.
- Our brave and tireless Volunteer Fire-fighters who protected our region and properties
- The organisers and artists of FireAid2020
- Bowral Signs
Local entertainers Leo Sayer and John Waters who have assisted with our “Share the Love” campaign.