Our ‘Share the Love’ community recovery campaign started at the beginning of the year in response to the bush fires that impacted our region. On top that came the challenges of COVID-19.
So now more than ever we’d love you to ‘Share the Love’ with the Southern Highlands. Plus, you’ll be helping regional NSW at a time when the need it most.
Plan your Escape
It’s so great that we’ll be able to welcome visitors back to our region. Drive along our country roads, explore our villages, immerse yourself in nature, enjoy a bite to eat, or visit a winery. To ensure you have an enjoyable visit we recommend you check, plan and book.
Due to COVID-19 regulations many businesses have changed operations including opening hours. Many operators also require advanced bookings due to restrictions on service numbers.
We can help you plan your escape
We are pleased to announce that our Southern Highlands Welcome Centre will open back up on 1 June 2020. If you need any travel advice to make your visit more enjoyable, please drop in. Of course you can also call or email us.
Can’t visit yet but still want to support us?
No problem. Get a taste of the Southern Highlands by purchasing online directly from a local business. You can buy online and have it delivered to your door. There’s wine, food, gift ware and more.
We promote responsible visitation
The Southern Highlands region and our operators are following and practising the current NSW recommended health guidelines. Likewise we encourage visitors to mindful of these guidelines and their health.
Together we can make sure you have a relaxing escape in the Southern Highlands.
Meet some of our local businesses:
- Stay up to date with Covid19 health guidelines https://www.health.gov.au/
- Wingecarribee Shire Council website https://www.wsc.nsw.gov.au/
We have many people to thank who have helped the Southern Highlands region during this time:
- Our community that continues to pull together and generously helps and supports each other
- Our brave and tireless Volunteer Fire-fighters who protected our region and properties during the fires
- Our campaign ambassadors, local entertainers Leo Sayer and John Waters, who have assisted with our “Share the Love” campaign
- Local state and federal governments who have assisted us
- The organisers and artists of FireAid2020
- Bowral Signs