Caravan Parks & Camping
Whether you are travelling with your own caravan, tent or camper trailer or prefer an on site caravan or cabin, Southern Highlands has plenty of sites and parks to choose from. From the “Grey Nomads” to young couples, families or groups, this type of accommodation is a great way to enjoy wide open spaces, natural surroundings and a star filled sky at night.
For those who yearn for the great outdoors, there are campsites in and out of towns. Moss Vale Village Park and Mittagong Caravan Park offer facilities to make your stay more comfortable and have Dump Stations for public use. (fees apply).
Following is a list Camping & Rest Areas, some with free camping and others that attract fees – all are linked to additional information. Further details for fee attracting camping and caravan sites can be found further down the page. Nb – all Free Camping Sites are not bookable.
CAMPING & REST AREAS
- Belangalo State Forest – Free Camping
- Bendeela – Free Camping
- Berrima River Camping
- Gambells Rest – Morton National Park, Bundanoon
- Carrington Falls – Budderoo National Park
- Gordon VC Rest Area – Free Camping
- Wingello State Forest – HQ Camp – Free Camping
- Penrose State Forest – Kingsbury VC Rest Area – Free Camping
- Mackey VC Rest Area – Free Camping
- Mittagong Caravan Park
- Moss Vale Village Caravan Park
- Moss Vale Showground
- Wombeyan Caves