Tulips After Dark is running over the Long Weekend on Friday 29 September, Saturday 30 September and Sunday 1 October. Tickets are capped at 750 per night and are selling fast, so book now to avoid disappointment.
The Tulips After Dark events are not to be missed this year:
- Classic Country Swampy Blues
- Friday 29 September from 6pm to 9pm
- Swingin’ Jazz
- Saturday 30 September from 6pm to 9pm
- Classical Cool
- Sunday 1 October from 6pm to 9pm
Enjoy live music, food and drink and brightly lit displays of the tulips which offer a wonderfully different perspective to the day time tulip time garden display.
Tulips After Dark features live music, food and drink and an amazing display of 80,000 hand planted tulips under lights, which gives them a wonderfully different perspective. It’s a lovely community vibe which will also have a number of visitors to the region due to the Festival being held over the long weekend.
Friday night is our Classic Country Swampy Blues night which features two high-energy, fun lovin’ bands to kick off the long weekend. With a rocking party vibe, Ross Webb and the Rusted Track will entertain with originals and celebrated hits by Keith Urban, Johnny Cash and Elvis. Blueshound will deliver a wonderful melting pot of rhythm and blues, rock n roll, all with a New Orleans flavour on classics by The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix.
Saturday night features a Swingin’ Jazz night which introduces a mix of spectacular jazz instrumentals mixed with classic vocal numbers featuring timeless songs by Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Bobby Darin and more.
- Reeds & Vocals will feature Renato Marcon who has played with some of Australia’s finest musicians, including: Tom Bake, Bob Barnard, Don Burrows and James Morrison.
- Piano will feature Peter Locke, one of Australia’s most highly respected jazz pianists. Peter not only performs with his own Locke Trio, but also with some of Australia’s leading big bands, including: John Morrison’s Swing City Big Band and the SH! Jazz Quartet.
- Double Bass will feature David Seidel, who has worked as a session musician since 1975 and his collaborations include: the ABC, Adelaide Symphony Orchestra and he has even toured with the late Barry Humphries.
- Drums & Percussion will feature Josh Morgan, who is the son of the late Chuck Morgan and he worked alongside his father as a regular member of Janet Seidel’s ensemble. Josh has worked with a myriad of the finest Australian jazz musicians and has played with international artists including New York’s Alberto Pibira and the band Professor Cunningham and His Old School.
- Renato, Peter, David and Josh are all regular members of the SH! Jazz Quartet.
Sunday night’s entertainment features a classical trio of violin, piano and harp who will entertain the audience with Classical Cool, including iconic classical pieces and vocal performances of classic hits including Disney and showtunes that will have the audience singing along.
The entertainment will be combined with local food and drink providers and daytime stallholders have been invited to stay open to take part in the Tulips After Dark Festival atmosphere.